How to Use Crossbow Decocker:
Please view our instructional video demo of the Crossbow Decocker.
Do not use the Crossbow Decocker until you read and fully understand the process of decocking a crossbow. ALWAYS inspect your Crossbow Decocker prior to use for any damaged, bent, or broken parts. Crossbow Decocker LLC is not liable for any damage caused to improper use of the product.
Crossbow Decocker Fit:
When using the Crossbow Decocker, it is important to make sure that the crossbow you intend to use has a wide enough flight groove barrel, an anti-dry firing mechanism, and a riser that is flush or higher than the top of the barrel at the point where the U-brace will rest against the riser.
On some models, if the bottom of the wedge touches the bottom of the crossbow barrel flight groove where it would tend to stick, the wedge should be overturned. There could also be other interfering factors such as accessory brackets interfering with the installation. The Crossbow Decocker has a universal adjustment that fits on most newer models, it is critical to be certain of the proper fit.
Please scan the barcode to watch a tutorial on how the Crossbow Decocker works.
1. Make sure your safety is on and your crossbow is secured, pointing in a safe direction.
2. Loose T-knob
3. Place the nock end into the flight groove barrel, and slide it slightly under the tension spring on your crossbow
4. Raise the end with the ball, and slide the U-brace over so that it is resting on the barrel between the riser and cables.
5. Slide the nock end under the retention spring, into the latch. While holding the crossbow level, slide the U-brace tightly against/into the riser brace while making sure the serving remains tightly in the nock.
6. Tighten the T-knob while holding the U-brace firmly against the riser stop. Double check that the U-brace and the nock end are tight against their stop points and that the T-knob is tightened.
7. Point your crossbow in a safe direction, take the safety off, and squeeze the trigger. You should hear a click. The Crossbow Decocker is now supporting your serving.
8. Holding the crossbow by the foregrip with one hand, slowly unscrew the T-knob until the string and the serving are in the neutral position.
9. Unscrew the T-knob slightly, slide back the U-brace, and lift the Crossbow Defuser out of the flight groove barrel.
To make adjustments on the universal, a 5/32 allen wrench is required.